Ronald H. Kauffman is a board certified lawyer in the areas of marital and family Law. He is the author of Underwater Treasure: Equitable Distribution of the Save Our Homes Limitation, The Florida Bar Journal, February 2011; A Wife’s Loss is not a Husband’s Gain: Equitable Distribution of Capital Loss Carryovers, The Commentator, Florida Bar Family Law Section Magazine, Winter 2011 and Keeping It All In The Family: Taking Financial Discovery From The New Spouse In Post-Judgment Support Cases, The Commentator, Florida Bar Family Law Section Magazine, Spring 2011.
He received his JD from Whittier College in 1991. He received his BA in 1988 from Boston University, with a major in International Relations and concentration in Economics. He was admitted to both the California Bar in 1992 and the Florida Bar in 1993.
Additionally he was admitted to the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
He is a member of the Family Law Section of the California Bar and the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, the Miami-Dade County Bar Association, the Miami Beach Bar Association, and the First Family Law Inns of Court. He currently serves as Chair of the Commentator for the Florida Bar Family Law Section’s Publications Committee.
Ron was awarded certificates of appreciation from the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar at their annual convention in Orlando, and a Pro Bono Service Award from the Put Something Back project in Miami.
- Marital and Family Law
- California, 1992
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: Member, Moot Court
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 1988
- Major: International Relations and Concentration in Economics
- U.S. District Judge James M. Ideman, Law Clerk
- Federal Trade Commission, Law Clerk
- The Daubert Crucible, Commentator, Fall 2015
- To Catch a Time-sharing Deviation, The Florida Bar Journal December, 2014
- Vaccinating Problems, Commentator, Fall 2014
- Out of the Frye Pan? Expert Witness Testimony Under New Rule 702
- Off the Wall Authentication: Social Media “Friends” the Evidence Code.
- Bleeding Grandparent Visitation Rights, The Florida Bar Journal, September/October, 2012.
- Underwater Treasure: Equitable Distribution of the Save Our Homes Limitation, Florida Bar Journal, February 2011.
- A Wife’s Loss is Not a Husband’s Gain, Florida Bar Family Law Section Commentator, Winter 2011.
- Keeping it All In The Family, Florida Bar Family Law Section Commentator, Spring 2011.
- Rising Star Award, Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Pro Bono Service Award, Put Something Back
- Certificate of Appreciation, Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Above and Beyond Award, Florida Bar Family Law Section
- California Bar Family Law Section
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- President First Family Law American Inns of Court, 2016-2017 Term
- Executive Council, Florida Bar Family Law Section, 215-2019 Term
- Vice President Florida Bar Journal, 2015-2016
- Vice-Chair, The Commentator, 2014-2015
- Miami Beach Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
A Board Certified expert in divorce and family law
who will personally and tenaciously stand by you.
Miami, FL 33131